Reply To: deceased taxpayer

Home Forums Offers-in-Compromise deceased taxpayer Reply To: deceased taxpayer


On 1: If you’re an EA/CPA/Attorney, you can request copies with a 2848 signed by the executor/personal rep. You’ll also need the letters testamentary (for an exec) or form 56 (for a personal rep when there’s no probate). I also make sure I have a copy of the death certificate, although it’s about 50/50 if they ask for it. You can provide these to PPS over the phone and have the documents sent to e-services (or you can fax to CAF and wait 2-3 months).