Contacting IRS During COVID 19 Closure

Home Forums Member Forum Contacting IRS During COVID 19 Closure

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Napoleon Yancey
    Participant

Most of the IRS offices are closed at the moment due to the COVID 19 procedures. Does anyone have a number to a representative that I could use to request a hold on a wage garnishment action? My clients job is technically supposed to start garnishing his wages by next Monday; however, I cannot reach anyone at the IRS to request a hold on this action while we work through the situation.

Any insight into what you all might be experiencing would be great.

Joe Orabona
    Participant

I actually came here to ask that exact same question. I had someone contact me today about a wage levy. I’ve tried calling TAS and their stakeholder liaison. So far just voicemail but at least it wasn’t a message saying they were closed.

Eric Green
    Keymaster

If you are dealing with a revenue officer than call them – they are still working form home. If it is from automated collection call ACS at 800-829-3903.

Joe Orabona
    Participant

That phone number doesn’t work either.

Eric Green
    Keymaster

Did you use ENQ? I am wondering if it is not down due to volume…

Joe Orabona
    Participant

When you call into ACS, either directly or through PPS, you immediately get a message saying phone support is not available.

Liaison just called me back. Basically said there’s nothing she can do. She told me to call ACS because she didn’t realize they’re not taking calls. Then told me to call TAS which I did yesterday. She did say that she’d look into any other options that may be available but didn’t sound overly optimistic. I’ll update when/if TAS gets back to me.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Joe Orabona.
    Joe Orabona
    Participant

I’ve had her create an account with the IRS and I’m using that to download transcripts through THS. It’s still not going to help me with the ACS contact issue but at least now I can see the transcripts.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.