Documents for Innocent Spouse

Home Forums Other Documents for Innocent Spouse

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #45152
    Michael Duffy

    I have an innocent spouse client where the husband abandoned her and moved back to Brazil. Before he left for Brazil, he had a large income transaction (we believe he cashed out some equity) that was not reported on the joint return. Transcripts show this was caught on an AUR which lead to an assessment of around $700K. My client never received any of the proceeds of this transaction and wasn’t even aware of it. I have a Form 4506 request outstanding to get a copy of actually filed return, and a FOIA request to try to get the AUR audit files.

    Issue I’m having; can I get the wage and income statements for the missing income item from the IRS? If we locate the missing spouse, he is not going to cooperate. I am just trying to figure out how I get more information here without the consent of the missing spouse.

    Eric Green

    I would request a return transcript, and account transcript and wage and earning reports

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.