Employee Retention Tax Credit (ERTC)

Home Forums Other Employee Retention Tax Credit (ERTC)

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Andries
    Participant

I have a client that would like to include wages of his step-son-in-law saying that the IRS is silent on step-relations and isn’t specifically called out in the 2021-49. I’m reluctant b/c the intent of the guidance is clear in regards to family inclusion rules (267(c)) and the IRS isn’t going to address every related variations. Do you know of any other rules, cases, precedent regarding step-relations? This is not necessarily rep-work specific.

Eric Green
    Keymaster

Jeremy I do not, and I would not be comfortable with it unless there is some precedent or guidance that says its okay

Jeremy Andries
    Participant

I agree. Thanks.

Sandi Leyva
    Keymaster

If you’re interested further, my company Accountant’s Accelerator has a course on this in detail about how another tax attorney takes the pro-taxpayer position. He cites his reasoning as well as case law and statutes to build a decent case against. About 80% of the class ends up agreeing with him after they hear his view.
    This is a recording only purchase, we are going to repeat it live for CPE/CE on Sep 17 (I don’t have the registration setup yet) – if you are interested, email me at support@accountantsaccelerator.com and I will get you the page when it’s live.
    https://accountantsaccelerator.com/cpa-trendlines-webinars-erc-detonates-bomb-notice-2021-49/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.