Form 12257

Home Forums Member Forum Form 12257

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #43829
    Michael O’Leary

    Here’s one that got dropped into my lap tonight:

    Client self-prepared and submitted request for Innocent Spouse Relief.

    It was turned down by Innocent Spouse area. Client appealed decision and lost.

    Client just received “Final Appeals Determination” saying that if client doesn’t agree with decision she should petition US Tax Court.

    I think this client is a better candidate for CNC or OIC.

    Should I have the client submit Form 12257 waiving the right to go to Tax Court so I can get it back to Collections where I can pursue a CNC or OIC?

    Eric Green

    If you can get it done quickly yes, I would have her sign it and avoid wasting time. If however you are do not have everything you may want to let it sit and work on preparing the collection documents so its ready to go when it does eventually get back to collection. use the extra time to your advantage.

    Michael O’Leary

    Thanks. I think I am going to let the clock run, submit POA’s and do a FOIA. It’s a real mess. Divorce, foreclosure, incompetently prepared returns. There is a $75K liability due to either mis-reported or not reported sale of home. I’m thinking audit reconsideration.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.