Idea for a Presentation – Collection Triage

Home Forums Member Forum Idea for a Presentation – Collection Triage

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    James
    Blocked

Everyone,

The trainings have been great in helping me get my feet wet in tax resolution work but one area that still has me worried is handling cases where the client has waiting until the last minute and now there is an impending:

– IRS document summons
    – IRS in person interview (payroll sometimes but not always)
    – Tax court/appeals deadline

In particular, I have been contacted in the last month by at least two taxpayers facing summons requesting tax returns/433-As and the potential clients are not likely to have the information together in time. I called the revenue officer for one of the PCs and he said no extension, period. He said it should take only a couple of days to do the 433-A form (which seems a recipe for disaster).

So I vote for a class on here’s what to do when facing an IRS summons/interview request and the taxpayer is a disorganized mess. What can we do to either to help. And what should we charge as we don’t even know what is the best course of action?

If there is already a course or book that can help me here, I’d love to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Jim Wade

Eric Green
    Keymaster

You’ve got it. Lets do a class on Summonses next week in-between the AICPA Conference and the Scaling New Heights. Ill get an email out.

James Wade
    Participant

Eric,

Great, thank you!

Jim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.