IRS Demand Letters Even Though Installment Agreement Is In Place

Home Forums Member Forum IRS Demand Letters Even Though Installment Agreement Is In Place

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Will Perry
    Participant

In the last two weeks, I have had two clients receive full payment demand letters from the IRS even though there are installment agreements in place and the client is current with their payments. When I talk to the Practitioner Priority Line their records are different from the account transcripts that I pulled just before calling the Practitioner Priority Line. The people on the Practitioner Priority Line are also telling me different things than what is indicated on the account transcript. For example one said that a hold was placed on the account on December 16, 2019 but that hold is not on the transcript and the demand letter was dated December 23, 2019. Is anyone else noticing similar problems? Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Thanks in advance for any help or insight on this.

Eric Green
    Keymaster

Will, I have not noticed this. My first thought is that the transcripts are lagging behind reality. The IRS does not update its transcripts in real time but through batch processing so it can take some time before they reflect a transaction. The only other thought I had is could they be in a PPIA and the IRS is using the default notice to get them to update the financial.

If you are unsatisfied with the answer on the Collection line you could file a 911 with the advocate, but right now those would be my two guesses, and most likely the PPIA one if they are compliant and am still getting a default notice.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.