Marketing Question: Advertising in Bar Journals

Home Forums Member Forum Marketing Question: Advertising in Bar Journals

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James
    Blocked

I am thinking about doing an ad in my state’s bar journal. I intend to also send out referral letters but I also wanted to get my name out there more generally. The cost of a black and white quarter page ad is only $160 (Maine’s bar journal publishes four times a year). A bit more pricey than ActiveRain’s annual fee but not a lot lot more.

If anyone has tried something like this, I would love to hear your thoughts. I am working on some language for an ad to make it grab an attorney’s attention. Trying to avoid anything like what is in the yellow pages. Maybe a quick line about a free report: “7 Tax Traps for the Unwary in Divorce” (working title).

Jim

Eric Green
    Keymaster

Jim, the ad should hit things that attorneys would need – “we can resolve the tax issues the bankruptcy didnt”. What you may want to do is write an article: “4 biggest tax mistakes made during a divorce”. Once it comes out post it on your website and send a copy to every divorce attorney within 25 miles of you.

Make sure the journal allows you to share the articles – most do so long as it is not for commercial purposes and you note where it was published.

James Wade
    Participant

Eric,

As always, thank you for the sage advice.

Jim

Morris Armstrong
    Participant

I think that the idea of focused article is great. I have presented at some seminars for NBI that have dealt with divorce and amazed that things we take for granted may be foreign to the attorneys. Once I mentioned the form 8332 in passing at it was something that really struck with the participants.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.