Newbie needs help

Home Forums Other Newbie needs help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeanne Bourquin
    Participant

Hello,

I have been a member for quite awhile however I am helping a colleague and all of a sudden feel very inadequate.

The client is current on filing taxes however is not current on payments to the IRS.

Client was divorced in 2015 however they still owe taxes from at least 2011 to present. In 2017 they sold a house and the IRS took $94,878.95 of the sale and apparently that did not clear up taxes.

The transcripts do not show the $94,878.95 payment and right now we are scratching our heads. Not sure if this should be an ask Eric question or if I can get some help here.

Thanks for any insight/help from anyone,
    Jeanne

Marvin Mann
    Participant

Hello

1. Do you have the escrow papers indicating the date the funds were paid to IRS.
    2. Does escrow have proof of payment
    3. Then you could call collections ask if they received any money on that date.

That would be my first step. Now maybe somebody who knows what they are talking about will jump in.

Jeanne Bourquin
    Participant

Thank you. Yes escrow has proof of payment. Finally figured out it was applied to earlier years they had.

It is a classic example of client ignoring and not opening up mail and has no idea what is going on.

A great learning case. Thanks again for your advice.

Jeanne

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.