OIC – (1) One Spouse, (2) Camper loan

Home Forums Offers-in-Compromise OIC – (1) One Spouse, (2) Camper loan

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Starla Smith
    Participant

I’m working on 433-A Future Income Analysis for a married client who files separately. There are no dependents. I have several questions:

1. Vehicle Ownership – I’ve listed only his vehicle. Should I include vehicle op costs for both vehicles (cost for the household) and apply his percentage alloc, or operating costs for only his vehicle?

2. Health Insurance – same question – the premium is for both of them. Should I use half of the premium, or the full premium and apply his percentage?

3. What do I do with a secured loan on a camper used for recreation? Is it allowed because it is secured debt, or would it be disallowed as a second home?

4. He pays $300/mo towards housing for college-aged child from previous marriage, but she hasn’t been a dependent on his return for many years and she doesn’t live in his household when she is not at college. I’m thinking this is not an allowable expense, but wanted to check with others since I’m sure he will push back on me not including.

Thanks!
    Starla

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.