This is where I will be Thursday – anybody want to elaborate on any of these points, I will share with the trainees – ought to be fun ! ! !
Thank you volunteering to participate in the Tax Practitioner Speaker Panel on Thursday, August 8, 2019. The purpose of this speaker panel is for you to provide your insight to what it is like to work with a revenue officer and you will be speaking to a group of revenue officer trainees. I wanted to take this opportunity to provide you with the topics of discussion to assist you in preparing for the panel.
We are planning to have our discussion include the following topics;
1. A general overview of your expectations when working with a revenue officer and your expectations of an initial telephone call with a revenue officer.
2. Your approach to providing the Collection Information Statement and balancing the need of the revenue officer to secure that information during a field call.
3. Your process of having your client provide the Trust Fund Recovery Penalty Interview face to face with the revenue officer.
4. The benefits of deadlines and enforced collection for ongoing voluntary compliance.
5. The Collection Appeals Process and your approach to case resolution during appeals process.
Eric and Steve – and all – it went great – had a couple hours to talk to a group of 35 – 40 IRS folks from all over the country that were getting promoted to RAs and RO – a lot of good give and take – and a lot of good contacts – It is a pilot program started by the training director in the Oakland office – I am going to work with her and the Cal State EA group and NAEA to see if we can get this to other areas – it was a 5 day training session – would have loved to have been there all 5 days –