Resolution Alternatives Discussion With Client

Home Forums Member Forum Resolution Alternatives Discussion With Client

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Raymond Garnsey
    Participant

I have completed my analysis of the client’s transcripts and financial questionnaire.

They appear to qualify for an OIC of $150 against a tax debt of $20,804.

I typically meet with clients to go over their THS Transcript reports and their alternatives. Client is financially strapped and under withheld. They paid 1/2 of the Transcript analysis fee with the balance due upon completion of the transcript analysis.

I am ready to contact the client to let them know the analysis and alternatives are done. They live a considerable distance from me. I have access to Regus office space and the closest one to them is 20 minutes away. If I schedule a meeting with them what is the proper way to remind them of the balance due and to bring payment with them without coming across as being tacky?

Eric Green
    Keymaster

Ray,l I would send them an email telling them the analysis is complete and that you would like to meet them to review it and give them options for resolving the issue. That they should please let you know which of the following dates and times work. In addition, please bring the $_____ balance of the fee for the analysis with them. Thank you.

Its not cheesy, its business and your money. Don’t be afraid to ask for it.

Raymond Garnsey
    Participant

Thanks, Eric

I didn’t want to across as making it a money issue.

Eric Green
    Keymaster

It is a money issue, and you need to be paid for your expertise and time. You can do it without being a jerk.

Barbara Brown
    Participant

In the future, consider putting the payment terms in the engagement letter agreement. For example, “The fee for the services previously described will be $____, payable 50% upon acceptance of this agreement and 50% upon delivery of the ____ as outlined here.” This way, the clients know what to expect.

Raymond Garnsey
    Participant

Hi Barb

Thanks for your feedback.

The payment terms are included in my engagement letter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.