Rookie question on Transcript Delivery System

Home Forums Other Rookie question on Transcript Delivery System

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gwendolyn Walker
    Participant

I signed up for e-access and tried to get into TDS. It let me in for a split second and then said I am not authorized. I have a CAF# but do not currently have any POAs on file. Is that why it won’t let me in or is there another step I need to take to get authorized? I want to be ready to request transcripts as soon as possible.

Michael Duffy
    Blocked

The service center that handles TDS access has to manually turn on TDS for approved eFile applications. You need to call the center and get them to remove the hold. I had the same problem last fall through the spring, even though I was approved for TDS on my eFile application page for over a year. Fortunately the TDS support center opened back up in late May and was able to remove whatever the hold was. The wait times are pretty bad on this phone line typically, however.

Gwendolyn Walker
    Participant

Thanks so much.

Jarter Gao
    Participant

The e-services help desk has told me that the e-filer needs to e-file at least 5 tax returns in order to have access to the electronic TDS. Did you file the minimum number of returns?

Gwendolyn Walker
    Participant

Thanks for responding. I don’t prepare returns. I called as recommended by Michael. I went through the process of being certified or something. They walked me through the process online while staying on the phone with me. I’m supposed to receive an efile approval or certification (something) in the mail. And that will be my ticket to getting access to TDS. Since I don’t prepare returns I didn’t think I had to go through that process, but it turns out that’s what was required for TDS access.

Jarter Gao
    Participant

Ok. Keep us updated! I want to know how it turns out.

Jarter Gao
    Participant

Also, if you can’t get TDS access, you can still use the e-services mailbox to get your transcripts. You just have to call the IRS and tell the IRS agent to deliver the transcripts to your mailbox. It’s not as fast as TDS but it’s faster than getting your transcripts in the mail.

Gwendolyn Walker
    Participant

Oh, that’s good to know. Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.