State Tax Resolution

Home Forums Member Forum State Tax Resolution

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gary Massey
    Participant

I would love to hear some presentations from Eric on dealing with tax resolution at the state level.

I have tried to findsome detailed information or articles on my state’s rules (Georgia), but no luck so far.

I understand that each state will be difference. But can Tax Rep provide any guidance to the members on this topic?

Thank you,

Gary Massey

Eric Green
    Keymaster

Gary, I can make that happen. Is this something pressing that you have, or can it wait until we get through the year-end deep dive programs?

Gary Massey
    Participant

Eric, this is not pressing. When you have time is fine.

Thank you,

Gary Massey

Terrence Power
    Participant

I would like to see a program on this also,

Diana Sheltra
    Participant

The state of Vermont recently started an offer program similar to the IRS. They are not big on instructions and the determinations are done in about a month. The decision cannot be appealed. You would have to do a new offer if there is new information to present. I am in the process of doing that now. In addition, all the forms have to be done by hand. I called the commissioner to suggest they make the forms fillable online. That will take at least 10 years. They no longer have CNC or hardship forms. You select economic hardship on the offer. This tolls their statute of limitations which is six years.

Gary Massey
    Participant

This is good information, Diana. We could use more of this for the states.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.