Tax Mod A

Home Forums Member Forum Tax Mod A

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Blocked

Anyone else having trouble getting the IRS to fax over TAX MOD A? I’m calling in and constantly being told that they can no longer provide such document via fax or otherwise. I understand that new changes went to effect to limit faxing recently but it was my understanding that documents that could not be deposited into the e-services mailbox could still be faxed. Anyone have success? What is the most efficient way to get this data?

Eric Green
    Keymaster

Lauren, the Tax Mod A is technically an internal document to the IRS and their sharing it with us was mostly because we got someone nice who was willing to do it. We do not technically have a right to it as far as I am aware. You can always call and ask for the CSED dates by year. They will usually tell you that right over the phone. Since using THS I rely almost exclusively on that.

Lauren
    Blocked

Just a quick update on what I found in case anyone else is looking. I was able to successfully get TAXMODA mailed to me (faxing and e-service mailbox weren’t options). You must request this information over the phone. If you get push back you can direct the agent to IRM 21.2.3.5.9.5 and IRM 21.3.10.4.4. If they still refuse, ask for a manager.

Eric Green
    Keymaster

Great job Lauren, and thank you for IRM cites!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.